Community Project Manager
The Southside Planning District Commission is seeking a full-time Community Project Manager to support a number of ongoing and future planning projects to the Commission’s 15 member jurisdictions. The position will work under the direction of the Executive Director or a designated Senior Planner.
We are searching for a methodical and strategic Community Project Manager to write and administer grants, facilitate meetings and respond to local governments as needed. Support work will also be performed on the following types of plans: comprehensive, disaster mitigation, regional economic development, housing, transportation and special-project plans. The position also allows for the selected candidate to gain experience in other areas of mutual interests, including economic development, rural transportation planning, environmental and natural resources planning.
The ideal candidate should have superior organizational skills, great leadership qualities, and exceptional budgeting and monitoring skills.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, together with other projects and duties as assigned:
• Perform research, data collection and analysis, in support of planning initiatives involving community development, economic development, and comprehensive planning
• Assist the Executive Director and other Commission staff in coordinating and managing regional projects
• Research and write timely and effective grant proposals
• Prepare reports, facilitate meetings, oversee consultants, and coordinate projects as needed and assigned
• Identify and capitalize on opportunities to further partnership between the Commission, applicable state and federal agencies, and member jurisdictions
• Performs other related duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Community Project Manager requires a Bachelor’s degree preferably in a related area of study.
• 1-2 years previous experience in local/regional/state government preferred.
• Possession of a valid Driver’s License issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Project management skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Budgeting and accounting experience
• Computer proficiency
• Strong writing skills
• Management of timelines and deliverables
• Preparation and management of budgets