The Williamsburg Area Transit Authority (WATA) is seeking an individual to perform responsible work implementing, maintaining, planning and coordinating WATA’s internal and external communication, marketing, public relations, advertising and informational activities.
• Develops internal and external communication, branding, advertising, promotional, educational, or media informational materials; maintains information on established WATA website based on customer needs.
• Based on established marketing plan and planning and development activities, creates or maintains marketing and communications information, including branding, advertising and promotional materials to support brand recognition in the community.
• Develops and monitors established marketing effectiveness measures for outreach activities, projects and campaigns.
• Works with community partners including the College of William & Mary, major attractions, hotels, government agencies, non-profit organizations and other places of interest; markets and disseminates marketing information about WATA services.
• Establishes and maintains good working relationships with the media, stakeholders and representatives of the community, consumers, employees, government officials and public interest groups; responds to requests for information from the media; prepares press releases; prepares internal staff communications as needed.
• Provides oversight and management of WATA’s advertising and sponsorship program.
• Schedules public appearances, lectures, contests or exhibits to increase passenger service awareness and to promote goodwill; surveys current and potential riders to determine service needs.