Combination Inspector I (Building/Electrical Inspector)
This position is primarily responsible for the daily inspections of residential and commercial building systems, electrical systems, fire alarm systems, erosion and sediment control inspections, and other trade inspections as assigned. Position is responsible for conducting city code/USBC enforcement activities related to property maintenance, and rental housing inspections. The position is responsible for assisting with plan review related to building systems, electrical systems, and fire alarm systems. In addition to the general requirements listed for all positions, the following state certifications and the ability to perform inspections must be demonstrated within 3 years of employment:
• Commercial Building Inspector; and
• Commercial Electrical Inspector.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent;
• Supplemented by trade, apprentice, or vocational school programs in one or more building construction disciplines; and
• Three (3) years of experience as a building inspector or in one or more areas in the construction field; or
• An equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development certification as a Residential Combination Inspector and Property Maintenance and Housing Inspector required within three (3) years of employment; and
• Certification as a Residential and Commercial Inspector in primary trade area(s) required within 18 months of employment.
• DEQ Certification as Erosion and Sediment Control and Stormwater Inspector within 18 months of employment.
• Certification as a Commercial Combination Inspector.
• Certification as an Amusement Device Inspector.
For a complete job description, please click the “apply now” link.