Application Deadline: February 5, 2021 at 5pm EST.
The Charlottesville Department of Neighborhood Development Services is seeking qualified candidates to be considered for the position of Code Official. This position performs complex technical and administrative work overseeing the administration and enforcement provisions of the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code and as interpreted by the State Building Code Technical Review Board, and related ordinances. Supervises building and inspection activities with responsibility for enforcement of laws, ordinances and codes relating to the construction and alterations of buildings within the city. Reports to the Deputy Director of Zoning.
The starting salary will be between $73,474.02 and $88,878.40 annually. This is a full-time, exempt, position. The position also provides excellent benefits including 13 paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance options with employer contribution, employer-paid life insurance, City’s retirement options, and continuing education/training opportunities.
– Minimum of five years related experience and/or training in building, electrical or plumbing inspections or equivalent combination of education and experience.
– Any combination of education or experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university. (If no bachelor’s degree, minimally requires high school diploma or GED equivalency plus additional years of highly relevant experience may be substituted as equivalent.)
– Possession of an appropriate driver’s license valid in the Commonwealth of Virginia by employment start date.
– Certified as a Building Official in accordance with the Virginia Certification Standards within one year of hire date.
– Possession of appropriate electrical, plumbing, mechanical and building codes certification issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia or a nationally recognized certifying agency such as Building Officials and Code Administrators International or Council of American Building Officials.
TO APPLY: to view the complete job information and to apply, visit our employment website listed. Applications are only accepted online through our employment page and must be submitted prior to the listed closing date and time.
The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.