Code Compliance Inspector (Property Maintenance)
Performs responsible technical work in conducting regular and special inspections of properties for compliance with legal standards; does related work as required. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Zoning and Inspections Director, Building Official, and the Senior Code Compliance Inspector.
Duties to include, but not limited to:
* Receives complaints about building maintenance code violations pertaining to weeds and foreign growth, trash
and refuse, property maintenance;
* Schedules appointments, keeps accurate records and prepares reports of sufficient quality to be used in judicial
* Conducts field inspections of properties for weeds and foreign growth, trash and refuse violations and buildings
and structures for hazardous conditions, structural failures and improper uses;
* Responds, in rotation with other inspectors, to off-hours emergency calls within 20 minutes;
* Prepares and administers weed, foreign growth, trash and rubbish violation remediation contracts under
* Interprets and applies City and State Codes to specific situations;
* Works with property owners and tenants to achieve compliance with codes
For a listing of all formal job duties, responsibilities, and requirements, please refer to the official job description for this position posted online.