Coach II – Aquatics
Application deadline: Continuous/Open Until Filled
Apply online at www.charlottesville.gov/jobs
Help support Parks and Recreation in their mission to enhance the quality of life for all through the stewardship of public land and parks and to provide quality recreational experiences. The City of Charlottesville is seeking qualified candidates for Coach II – Aquatics who are highly motivated and who strive for success by demonstrating Charlottesville’s Core Values of Leadership, Trust, Creativity, Respect, and Excellence.
The starting amount will be between $15.09 and $22.10 an hour. This is a seasonal/temporary position with no benefits.
Performs routine support and paraprofessional work involving a variety of duties related to the oversight and administration of the Aquatics Programs, specifically City Swordfish Swim Team and Preparatory programs. Does related work as required. Routine support includes but is not limited to instruction of swim form and technique in and out of the water for competitive swimmers of various levels and age groups.
Primarily and most frequently the work done here is under direct supervision, within one functional area, and of a routine nature.
– Minimum of a 10th grade education is required.
– Minimum of 2 seasons coaching/instructing a swim program and competitive swimmers.
– Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
– Applicants must be at least 16 years of age by start date and hold a current American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification.
– Safety Training for Swim Coaches with First Aid and CPR/AED certification within one month of hire.
– May require OSHA and Blood Borne Pathogens.
Position may require driving a City-owned vehicle and is subject to the vehicle use policy and procedures.
This is a safety sensitive position subject to drug and alcohol testing for pre-employment, reasonable suspicion, post-accident and random testing.
To view a more complete job posting and to apply visit our employment website listed. The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of its workforce.