Clinical Professional – Bilingual
Olde Towne Medical and Dental Center is seeking a bilingual CMA/LPN to provide patient care and education in the context of a family practice in all facets of general medical practice in a primary care medical center.
• Plan and provides patient education and case management to ensure patient compliance with the plan of treatment; teach health promotion, disease prevention, and personal responsibility for care.
• Administer routine laboratory tests, medications, immunizations, and treatments according to nurse practitioners and physician’s orders; assist nurse practitioners and physicians with exams.
• Plan, coordinate, monitor, and implement the activities of patient care and flow to ensure the smooth delivery of care on a da-to-day basis; may coordinate and supervise the day-to-day work of other clinic and volunteer staff as it relates to assigned patients.
• Assist in the development of clinical quality improvement (CQI) activities and clinical protocols and procedures.
• Staff County shelters during emergencies and emergency situations.
• Virginia licensed practical nurse (LPN), Virginia Certified Medical Assistant and licensed RNs welcome to apply.
• Must possess or be able to obtain cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification within six (6) weeks of employment.
• Must possess a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based James City County criteria.
• Knowledge of public health nursing principles and practices, wellness concepts, and community resources.
• Skill in use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to work independently, and as a team member under pressure in a fast-paced clinic setting; establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, nurse practitioners, other co-workers, volunteers, and the public; work and communicate effectively with persons of various multicultural and socioeconomic and educational backgrounds; provide nursing care using the nursing process; effectively communicate both orally and in writing.