Civil Engineer – Land Development
Loudoun Water, a public water and sewer utility located in Ashburn, Virginia, has an opening for a Civil Engineer in the Engineering Division, Land Development department. The Civil Engineer will represent Loudoun Water through engagements with external and internal stakeholders; interact with developers, land owners, engineers, consultants, contractors, and the general public; work on a variety of development projects involving various aspects of planning, design, construction, operations and maintenance of public water, wastewater, and reclaimed water systems and infrastructure. The Civil Engineer will be responsible for guiding his/her assigned projects throughout the entitlement, permitting, design, construction, and approval development stages.
Essential functions include:
• Providing engineering review of the design of Developer initiated residential, commercial, multi-family and industrial projects
• Working with inspections and field services staff to resolve construction related issues
• Ensuring construction design plans meet all required Loudoun Water standards, specifications, and design guidelines
• Analyzing engineering design and calculations
• Representing Loudoun Water on projects in regard to site plans and development
• Reviewing and analyzing construction costs
• Working on principally, but not limited to, the planning, design and construction of water, wastewater, and reclaimed water pipelines, wastewater pumping stations, storage and transmission facilities.
We are looking for a self-starter with a strong ability to multi-task, an eye for quality, and with excellent technical and communication skills. We offer competitive salaries, a stable work environment and excellent employee benefits.
Requirements: BS degree in Civil Engineering or engineering related field. Experience in land development, project management, design, and/or construction of water and wastewater projects is highly desired. Registration as an Engineer-in-Training is also desirable but not required.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org or send completed applications to Loudoun Water, HR Department, PO Box 4000, Ashburn, VA 20146 or by fax to 571.223.2079. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE