Application Deadline: Continuous/Open Until Filled
Support the Neighborhood Development Services Department in facilitating the development of a safe, livable and well-designed community. The City of Charlottesville is seeking qualified candidates to be considered for Civil Engineer who are highly motivated and strive for success by demonstrating Charlottesville’s Core Values of Leadership, Trust, Creativity, Respect, and Excellence.
The starting salary will be between $45,302.40 and $74,748.96 annually. Starting offer is based on applicable education, experience, and internal equity. The position also provides excellent benefits including 11 paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance options with employer contribution, employer-paid life insurance, City’s retirement options, and continuing education/training opportunities. This is a full-time, exempt, position.
The Civil Engineer assists with and oversees the planning, design, and inspection of engineering projects for the City. Performs related assignments as required. Reports to the City Engineer. Primarily and most frequently the work done here is performed independently with diverse functional areas and more expertise and specialized focus.
• A Bachelors of science degree in civil engineering, environmental engineering or environmental science from an ABET accredited school.
• Possession of an Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Professional Engineer (PE) certificate.
• A valid Virginia driver’s license is required by employment start date.
• A Virginia Erosion and Sediment Plan Reviewer certification is required within the first year of employment.
• At least 3 years of relevant professional engineering work experience is desirable (5 years or more highly preferred.)
• A combination of knowledge and experience in the areas of Microsoft application software, GIS, GPS, CAD, VDOT projects, NPDES phase II permit requirements, SCAT regulations, VA Waterworks regulations, and VFMA Floodplain management requirements is also preferred.
TO APPLY: to view the complete job posting and to apply, visit our employment website listed. Applications are only accepted online through our employment website. The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.