Children’s Services Act (CSA) Coordinator
James City County Social Services Department is seeking an individual to perform experienced coordination, oversight and programmatic supervision of services to at-risk children and their families under the Children’s Services Act (CSA).
• Coordinates CSA services for Social Services Division, Colonial Behavioral Health, the Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools and the Court Service Unit.
• Manages the Family Assessment and Planning Team (FAPT) process; schedules meetings; screens and refers cases, plans services, performs utilization review to ensure cost-effective and equitable service provision; reviews individual case reports for compliance with state mandates and local policies and procedures; coordinates parent and agency representatives at FAPT.
• Serves as a member of Community Policy & Management Team (CPMT); attends meetings; prepares CPMT case summaries; addresses issues and concerns with the CSA process; evaluates outcome of services funded through CSA to assist CPMT with utilization management.
• Ensures that required paperwork is completed on each case; negotiates fees with service providers and completes contracts for services with vendors; ensures that at-risk children and their families are referred to the appropriate services and agencies.
• Oversees fiscal management of the CSA including Purchase of Service Orders, Pool Reimbursement Request reports, and filing for supplemental allocations as needed; plans, monitors and projects the needs of the CSA budget.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in human services; Master’s degree in human services preferred; some experience in human services program eligibility or case management work.
• Must possess or be able to obtain within thirty (30) days of hire a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
• Knowledge of human behavior principles, social work, child welfare and community social service programs.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for service and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Skill in use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to analyze and use judgment in accomplishing diversified duties; think independently within the limits of policies, standards, and precedents.