Child Safety Seat Technician
Do you want to utilize your knowledge of child passenger safety to make a difference in the local community? If so, consider applying for the Child Safety Seat Technician position with the Harrisonburg Fire Department!
The ideal candidate for this position will perform both technical and administrative work related to the City’s safety programs.
The Child Safety Seat Technician:
– Provides training and instructions to the general public regarding child safety seat installation procedures;
– Assists the general public with installing child safety seats in their vehicles and conducts car seat checks;
– Works with local police departments to enforce the correct use of child safety seats;
– Serves as the liaison between the Fire Department and other members of the child safety seat program;
– Coordinates child safety seat installation programs with other organizations;
– Obtains and maintains current information on recalls or problems with child safety seats;
– Prepares training materials and educates various groups through classroom lessons, speeches, and demonstrations to inform them of principals of child passenger safety and motor vehicle safety;
– Delivers child safety seats and safety programs to internal departments and external organizations and civic groups;
– Obtains child safety seats for give-away through donation or other means;
– Manages inventory and storage of child safety seats;
– Manages verification of needs for give-away program;
– Obtains funding through grants and other services for continuance of program;
– Compiles records of activities in order to prepare and maintain reports as required;
– Attends continuing education classes;
– Manages section budget for child safety seat program.
More information specifically related to this position is available at: https://www.harrisonburgva.gov/employment.
Application Deadline: All candidates must complete a City of Harrisonburg online employment application by 5:00 pm EST on Tuesday, June 4, 2019 in order to be considered for this position.
The City provides an excellent benefits package including health insurance, retirement (VRS & ICMA-RC), life insurance, paid leave, holidays and more.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.