Chief of Emergency Services
Essex County Virginia is seeking a full time highly motivated individual responsible for the overall administration and operation of Essex County Emergency Services. The Chief reports to the County Administrator. This is a full-time position with a comprehensive benefits package. The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. This position is primarily administrative and executive in nature.
The Ideal Candidate:
• An experienced, innovative, collaborative public safety leader with demonstrated managerial, interpersonal and customer service skills.
• A strong communicator with all facets of a modern public safety provider.
• An individual committed to the process of continuous improvement through study, data analysis, risk taking, risk reduction and follow through.
• A commitment to the organization with a genuine confidence and approachability to residents, business and governmental leaders featuring strong communication skills.
• A Chief that is an integral and engaged leader, with a strong background in modern fire, EMS, emergency management and all hazards practices.
• The ability to mentor and foster leadership roles within the staff, succession planning and a global vision of the community’s needs and vision are critical. Creativity and the ability to guide and balance change is a must.
• Strong budget skills supported by conservative fiscal management.