Care Team Nurse Case Manager
James City County Social Services Department seeks an individual to perform responsible work identifying and providing services to address needs of children and their families through the provision of community-based services under a grant-funded program.
• Provides ongoing assessment of health care needs for children and their families and develops treatment goals and objectives as identified through the assessment.
• Provides case management services to children and their families such as referrals, monitoring, support, illness education and development of skills to enhance community integration.
• Provides community education, health promotion, and consultation services for children and families.
• Documents accurately and timely for enrollment paperwork, reports, assessments, family plans, progress notes, and other required forms.
• Works with local medical professionals to coordinate care and services.
• Supports and assists the family in obtaining and maintaining a medical home including assisting the family with scheduling appointments, eliminating barriers to keeping appointments and intervening with the provider to resolve relationship issues and support to ensure seamless care as needed.