Care Team Coordinator – Limited Term
• Responsible for the effective supervision of assigned staff including selection, performance management, employee relations, training, prioritizing an assigning work and related activities.
• Oversees management of the Child Health Initiative and Care Team model; works in partnership with the staff and core partner agencies to ensure seamless coordinated care.
• Responds to referrals for the program in a timely manner, ensuring that the referral meets the program criteria and is vetted for eligibility through a coordinated process with the core partner agencies.
• Support Case Managers assigned caseload by completing assessments, conducting field visits to schools, homes and hospitals, developing and implementing service plans that address family needs.
• Coordinate regularly scheduled family meetings with community service providers and school personnel.
• Makes referrals for services by being knowledgeable of local services and resources, working with community service providers, serving as a client advocate in accessing services and working with other agencies such as schools, medical and mental health professionals.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of the program by developing outcome criteria, and documenting services provided to enrolled families.
• Completing reports required by the grant agency.
• Responsible for the fiscal management of grant funding.
• Any combination of education and experience to a bachelor’s degree in human services or related field; Master’s degree preferred; considerable experience in human services and completion of required training program or equivalent combination of training and experience; supervisory experience preferred.
• Must possess, or obtain within 30 days of hire, a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Skill in use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to analyze and use judgment in accomplishing diversified duties; think independently within the limits of policies, standards and precedents.