Capital Projects Coordinator – Limited Term
• Manages assigned capital construction projects from original concept and budgeting through implementation.
• Develops detailed and accurate work plans, schedules and project budgets and status reports.
• Coordinates the consulting engineering and architectural firms performing planning, design, or construction administration on projects.
• Assures that plans and projects meet applicable regulatory requirements.
• Assures that total project costs and time remain within budget and scope.
• This job is considered essential personnel and will be required to work during and following natural disasters and emergency situations.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering or related field; considerable experience as a professional designer or construction project manager, and in contract administration or construction supervision; Virginia Professional Engineer License preferred.
• Must possess, or be able to obtain within 30 days of hire, a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County criteria.
• Knowledge of modern principles, theory, practices, and methods of engineering/architectural design, construction practices, scheduling, project estimation techniques, project management, budget planning and related building and site development principles; considerable knowledge of institutional, commercial, and industrial design and construction techniques to include facility construction, public infrastructure, and stormwater management facilities.
• Skill in the use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to effectively negotiate with public agencies or officials, citizens, designers and persons within the construction community; maintain effective working relationships with public officials, designers, citizens, contractors, etc.; plan, develop, direct and supervise multiple diverse and complex projects simultaneously, at various stages of completion; plan, coordinate and supervise the technical work of various consultants; understand complex technical issues related to civil engineering design and read and interpret applicable codes, standards or specifications; understand, prepare and interpret plans, specifications, diagrams, blueprints or drawings and compare them with actual work performed; communicate ideas or technical issues both orally and in writing.