Capital Projects Coordinator
The Arlington County Department of Environmental Services is seeking a Capital Projects Coordinator to oversee and implement moderate to large scale transportation capital improvement projects primarily in support of Arlington County’s Complete Streets program. Projects may include intersection and street redesigns, improvements to transit and active transportation infrastructure, arterial and commercial corridor reconstruction, utility upgrades and undergrounding of overhead utilities, and other major transportation improvements in the Arlington County metro area. These projects often span over several years, have budgets that range from $250,000 to millions of dollars, and serve varying modes of transportation for travelers of all ages and abilities. This Coordinator will also provide project information and give public updates and presentations to a variety of stakeholders and interest groups.
Specific duties include:
– Collaborating with and leading diverse technical teams to procure easements, coordinate design development from conception to final engineering, and implement projects;
– Developing and tracking project scope to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget, and in compliance with local, state, regional and federal requirements;
– Developing and monitoring project budgets, state and federal grant requirements, consultant contracts, and change orders to ensure cost-effective completion of projects;
– Coordinating and negotiating project funding, supporting applications for state or federal grants, and managing contracts and other project-related agreements with various internal and external parties;
– Working with teams to obtain and procure survey, design, construction, construction management, and other related services provided by contractors and County staff;
– Providing technical review of engineering design plans and overseeing transportation and environmental studies;
– Coordinating and interacting extensively with various County departments, governmental agencies, private and public agencies, such as VDOT, WMATA, Dominion Energy, and NVRPA;
– Managing project communications and serving as the main point of contact for projects; and
– Developing and conducting public engagement plans to manage stakeholder outreach and participation.