Business Manager – Parks and Recreation
General Description: This is a professional position. The incumbent performs complex tasks to oversee and manage the financial operations of a department or division.
Organization: The Business Manager reports to the Parks and Recreation Department Head or designee and supervises Administrative Assistants and other staff.
• Supervises employees, performing related human resources functions and completing necessary paperwork.
• Supports and maintains various departmental programs.
• Serves as a liaison between the department and other entities that contribute to or use the department’s financial resources.
• Analyzes and projects financial trends related to revenue and expenditures.
• Manages department functions and programs related to accounts payables and receivables.
• Develops methods for budgeting and monitoring procedures, records-maintenance procedures, cost analysis, fee scheduling and accounting procedures.
• Prepares and provides financial reports.
• Reconciles financial records.
• Performs related work as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of accounting procedures and administrative practices related to billing, required. Ability to plan and manage projects independently, required. Must be able to establish and maintain successful relationships with staff, vendors and citizens. Excellent oral and written communication, required.
Education, Experience and Training: Bachelor’s degree required (concentration in business, accounting or public administration preferred) with at least three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in related field, one (1) of which must have been in a supervisory position – OR – Any equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training sufficient to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable.
Hiring range is $63,570 – $80,000, plus excellent benefits. For more information or to apply for this position, please visit our career site at www.hanovercountyjobs.com (804) 365-6075.