Business License Inspector
James City County’s Commissioner of Revenue department is seeking an individual to perform responsible work researching, collecting, and analyzing comprehensive information to assess various taxes for the County; determines compliance and maintains records and databases..
• Assesses local Business, Professional & Occupation License (BPOL) Tax using assessment application software and information from various sources including license applications, license returns, and income tax returns.
• Meets with new businesses to ensure complete license applications and review annual filing requirements.
• Reviews various information sources to ensure businesses are in compliance with statutes regarding issuance of local licenses, registrations, and certifications.
• Maintains accurate historical records for all license taxes assessed under local statutes.
• Establishes accounts for the assessment of locally assessed business taxes, including BPOL, Business Property, Machinery and Tools, Prepared Food and Beverage, and Transient Occupancy taxes.