Business License Inspector
James City Service Authority is seeking an individual to perform responsible work managing JCSA’s automated maintenance management system (CMMS); overseeing data entry, report generation, insuring conformity of correspondence, and establishing and maintaining standard operating procedures. Position is eligible for Full-Time County Benefits.
Specialist I: $33,324 – $53,318 / year DOQ
Specialist II: $35,832 – $57,331 / year DOQ
Specialist III: $38,527 – $61,644 / year DOQ
• Monitors emergency calls and Supervisor Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) alarms; determines nature of problem; dispatches appropriate support; logs and monitors movement of crews in and out of confined spaces, on elevated towers, and in other hazardous situations.
• Resolves customer concerns, requests and calls for service; ensures response is delivered according to established procedures.
• Serves as JCSA’s emergency coordinator during emergency events; assumes role of incident manager; requests resources and relays directives to parties involved.
• Conducts research, drafts procedures, and analyzes operational data, maintenance trends, workload and performance indicators and measures.
• Trains JCSA staff on proper use of CMMS, SCADA, computerized emergency notification system, JCSA education and training management program, and geographic information system; assists with resolving issues with SCADA, CMMS, and JCSA network.
• Oversees operational services such as radio communications, dispatch functions, customer service, initiatives, and service interruptions.
• (Utility Systems Specialist II) Programs Fleet vehicle and equipment requests; programs General Service building maintenance requests. Enter and update Tyler Systems for Certificate of Occupancy inspections.
• (Utility Systems Specialist III) Assists with the most complex technical problems and situations; serves as lead worker in absence of Staff Supervisor; trains all Utility System Specialists in dispatch operations; assists in the training of other divisional staff members.