Bus Driver – Transit (Transit Bus Operator)
Are you seeking a challenging yet rewarding full-time, benefits-eligible position that allows you to utilize your customer service and driving skills? If so, the Department of Public Transportation’s Transit Bus Operator positions may be the right opportunity for you!
The Public Transportation Department is seeking to fill full-time, benefits-eligible Transit Bus Operator positions. The role has a preferred hiring range of $16.60 – $17.10 per hour; however, an exact salary will be determined per City policy. Prior experience and a CDL is not required at the time of hire for this position as paid on-the-job training will be provided.
As a Transit Bus Operator, you will:
– Drive a transit bus;
– Pick up and deliver passengers;
– Collect fares;
– Operate a bus on a designated route for a daily schedule;
– Operate a two-way radio and report unusual traffic conditions, passenger emergencies, or other problems;
– Operate a mobility device lift and secure mobility devices;
– Obey all traffic laws and observe mandatory safety regulations for transit operations to ensure passenger safety.
To Apply: In order to be considered, all candidates must submit a complete City of Harrisonburg online employment application, to include previous work experience and education history. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted 02/16/2023)
The City provides an excellent benefits package including health insurance, retirement (VRS & MissionSquare), life insurance, paid leave and holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.