The City of Harrisonburg Community Development Department’s Building Official position offers qualified candidates the opportunity to become a leader in a collaborative teamwork environment while making a direct impact in the City. If you have prior experience in codes enforcement, inspections, and supervision, consider applying today!
The ideal candidate for this position will oversee the administration and enforcement of state and local building codes while also planning, directing, and participating in various inspection and code enforcement activities. As a division leader in the department, the candidate should have the ability to effectively plan and supervise the work of direct reports while exhibiting the City’s values.
Find out more information specifically related to this position by visiting the City’s website: https://www.harrisonburgva.gov/employment.
– Associate’s/Technical degree supplemented by coursework in engineering, regional or urban planning, architecture, a variety of inspection specialties, or related field.
– Extensive experience (6 or more years) in building, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and other codes enforcement and inspections work.
– Moderate (1-3 years) supervisory experience.
– An equivalent combination of education and experience may be used to meet the three requirements above.
– Valid driver’s license.
– View the physical requirements of this position on the City’s website.
To Apply: Applications will be accepted on the City’s website until a suitable pool of candidates is received. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted 05/27/2022)
The City provides an excellent benefits package including health insurance, retirement (VRS & MissionSquare), life insurance, paid leave and holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.