Building & Equipment Manager
Are you looking for an opportunity where you can perform skilled technical work while overseeing a comprehensive preventive and corrective maintenance program for mechanical and building equipment? If so, the Building & Equipment Manager position with the City of Harrisonburg Public Utilities Department may be the right career move for you!
The Building & Equipment Manager is a full-time position with benefits and a preferred hiring range of $20.95 – $24.09 per hour (equivalent to $43,576 – $50,107 annually); however, an exact salary will be determined based upon the selected candidate’s qualifications and in compliance with City Policy Section 3: Compensation.
As the Building & Equipment Manager, you’ll:
– Perform routine maintenance and repairs building-wide with apprentice-level skills in electrical, plumbing, and carpentry;
– Lead and engage in installation, maintenance, and repair projects, including operating specialized equipment periodically;
– Track, maintain, and order building inventory, such as shop equipment and janitorial supplies;
– Maintain heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) units and change filters on a regularly-scheduled basis;
– Perform grounds maintenance activities, including but not limited to cutting grass, trimming trees, raking leaves, and weeding landscaped beds;
– Perform other duties as listed in the job ad on the City’s website.
A detailed list of the ideal candidate’s knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position is available in the Building & Equipment Manager class specification on the City’s website.
To Apply: In order to be considered, all candidates must submit a complete City of Harrisonburg online employment application, to include previous work experience and education history. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted 09/13/2022)
The City provides an excellent benefits package including health insurance, retirement (VRS & MissionSquare), life insurance, paid leave and holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.