• Monitors revenues and expenditures throughout fiscal year for compliance with established budget and notifies Department leadership of current or projected significant variances; recommends alternative solutions to budget deviations.
• Reconciles and performs monthly reviews of FMS generated transaction reports and trail balances; prepares and presents statistical data for accounts.
• Manages, inputs and reviews department budget submissions for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with established procedures, regulations, and organizational objectives; works collaboratively with leadership team to develop Capital and Operating budget; attends budget meetings with external departments and County Administration.
• Processes purchase orders (PO) changes order requests and contract change order requests; updates cancellation of orders in system as required; acquires approvals for payment requests and requisitions; assists with entry of purchase orders and requisitions; acts as liaison between Purchasing and General Services for contracts, invitation for bids and requests for proposal and other purchasing related needs.
• Receives, reviews, and submits incoming electronic and paper requisitions; assists Department and Divisions in gathering required information for requisition.
• Evaluates external funding opportunities, provides information regarding Federal, state and private grants to the Departments leadership team.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field; considerable budget and accounting experience, preferably in local government.
• Must possess reliable transportation to work site(s).
• Knowledge of principles, methods and practices of budget, accounting, ledger recording, balancing and financial reporting; processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction; and considerable knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP; Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASP) statements.
• Skill in use of computer software, including Microsoft Office Suite and especially knowledgeable using Excel.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; apply technical and statistical knowledge in developing and interpreting financial models; perform and oversee the use of analytical procedures and methods for identifying finan