Budget Management Specialist
• Manage business and financial operations of the Fire Department and component divisions (Fire/EMS, Emergency Communications and Emergency Management); coordinate practices among divisions and functional areas.
• Supervise the professional and administrative support employees in the Fire Administration office.
• Coordinate departmental financial and budgetary needs with Financial and Management Services, Human Resources, and other departments of the County; develop budgets for the Department and its divisions, recommend and review requests for changes in funding; prepares General Fund and CIP budget requests; and prepare spending and budget analysis; pursue external funding opportunities, prepare and review applications for Federal, state and private grants.
• Coordinate budget control and monitoring processes; assist division directors in managing budgets.
• Administer funds from sources including general and capital funds, user fees, grants, state aid and donations; oversee compliance with internal and external requirements, including reporting and reimbursement procedures.
• Oversee Advanced Life Support (ALS)/Basic Life Support (BLS) revenue recovery and compliance with rules and regulations impacting service delivery and revenue recovery.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, management information systems, or related field; considerable experience in fiscal management and analytical or research work some of which shall have been in supervisory capacity; or any equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, abilities and skills.
Accepting applications until 11:59pm EST on 08/17/2019. Only online applications to our website will be considered. To apply, please visit the James City County Career Center at https://jobs.jamescitycountyva.gov