Benefits Program Assistant
James City County’s Social Services Department seeks an individual to perform responsible clerical work supporting staff, providing customer service and assisting with daily operations.
• Provide in person, telephone and computer assistance for routine questions regarding benefit programs and other requests for information; answer telephone Eligibility Line and resolves issues and reports changes to Benefit Program staff; schedule appointments for customers needing re-certification of benefits and daycare.
• Prepare documents and materials for Benefits Program staff and customers; assist in processing information received to assigned Benefit Program Specialist; assist in gathering information, scanning of materials, sending out client checklists and any other correspondence related to eligibility.
• Track, monitors and distribute appeal requests; track and monitor online inbox for all Benefit Programs in the Virginia Case Management System (VACMS); perform application registration for online and paper applications and make case assignments.
• Screen/Interview clients requesting assistance using on-line screening tool, worksheets, daycare screening form and makes appropriate referrals to outside organizations as needed.
• Perform case records management; assist with claims collection tracking for repayment of benefits; review, evaluate and coordinate case transfer-ins from other localities.
• Research State reports such as Public Assistance Reporting Information System (PARIS) & New Hire reports to perform timely response to the State reporting computer system.