Benefits Program Assistant (Administrative Assistant)
James City County Social Services division is seeking an individual to perform responsible clerical work supporting staff, providing customer service and assisting with daily operations. Position may involve some teleworking as well as work in office.
• Provide in person, telephone and computer assistance for routine questions regarding benefit programs and other requests for information; answer telephone Eligibility Line and resolves issues and reports changes to Benefit Program staff; schedule appointments for customers needing re-certification of benefits and daycare.
• Prepare documents and materials for Benefits Program staff and customers; assist in processing information received to assigned Benefit Program Specialist; assist in gathering information, scanning of materials, sending out client checklists and any other correspondence related to eligibility.
• Track, monitors and distribute appeal requests; track and monitor online inbox for all Benefit Programs in the Virginia Case Management System (VACMS); perform application registration for online and paper applications and make case assignments.
• Screen/Interview clients requesting assistance using on-line screening tool, worksheets, daycare screening form and makes appropriate referrals to outside organizations as needed.
• Perform case records management; assist with claims collection tracking for repayment of benefits; review, evaluate and coordinate case transfer-ins from other localities.
• Research State reports such as Public Assistance Reporting Information System (PARIS) & New Hire reports to perform timely response to the State reporting computer system.