The City of Winchester invites you to come join our team! The City has an outstanding strategic plan that includes goals and objectives, a clear vision, and a culture of collaboration. We are recruiting for an Automotive Mechanic in our Public Services Garage. Work is performed under regular supervision of the Shop Foreman. May assist to coordinate, instruct, or supervise work of new employees or other personnel as assigned on as as-needed basis.
* Operates a variety of diagnostic instruments and a variety of hand, electric, and air-driven tools;
* Tests, services, and repairs vehicles and mechanical equipment;
* Inspects, adjusts and replaces necessary units and related parts in the performance of repair and maintenance work;
* Repairs brake, engine, electrical, fuel, hydraulic, transmission, ignition, air, exhaust, axle, steering, HVAC, suspension assemblies, and related
* Changes and repairs tires and tubes;
* Evaluates status of mechanical equipment and vehicles, and performs or schedules needed repairs;
* Drives trucks, school buses and other equipment of various sizes and weights in the loading, hauling and unloading of various equipment and
* Contributes to a positive work environment;
Please visit the City of Winchester website for more details regarding this position.