Athletic Field Turf Technician
Do you like working outside and not behind a desk for 8 hours a day? Are you seeking a rewarding career with benefits that allows you the opportunity to do this while maintaining and improving the City’s athletic fields and outdoor athletic facilities? If so, apply for the Parks and Recreation Department’s Athletic Field Turf Technician position!
The Athletic Field Turf Technician is a full-time position with benefits and a preferred hiring range of $16.27 – $18.71 per hour (equivalent to $33,841 – $38,916 annually). Applicants who do not meet the qualifications for the Technician level may be considered for another level within the department at an annual rate commensurate with applicant qualifications.
As the Athletic Field Turf Technician, you will:
– Participate in daily operations, including but not limited to mowing operations, field grooming, field striping, drag patterns, mound and home plate area preparation, weed control, pruning, fertilizing, aerating, and other turf and athletic field maintenance practices;
– Conduct inspections to determine the condition of fields and parks prior to recommending and performing maintenance care;
– Perform proper handling, spill prevention/response, and cleanup procedures for fuels and other pollutants to minimize entry into the storm water system;
– Perform preventive and scheduled maintenance and minor repairs on equipment;
– Perform detailed vehicle/equipment pre-trip inspections and clean personal items/trash from vehicle after use;
– Respond to citizen inquiries and complaints effectively, courteously and tactfully;
– Assist with snow and ice removal as needed.
To find out more about this opportunity, please visit: https://www.harrisonburgva.gov/employment.
To Apply: In order to be considered, all candidates must submit a complete a City of Harrisonburg online employment application (https://www.harrisonburgva.gov/employment), to include previous work experience and education history. The first review of applications is expected to begin by July 23, 2021. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted 07/14/2021)
The City provides an excellent benefits package including health insurance, retirement (VRS & ICMA-RC), life insurance, paid leave and holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.