James City County Treasurer’s Office seeks an individual to perform advanced work planning, organizing, managing and participating in all daily operations and activities of the Treasurer’s Office to ensure all statutory functions of the Treasurer’s Office are accomplished; makes high level decisions about the overall administration, management, planning, organizing and staffing; and assumes responsibilities of the Treasurer and other staff as needed.
• Provides effective supervision of assigned staff including selection, performance management, employee relations, training, prioritizing and assigning work, and related activities.
• Serves as liaison among the Treasurer’s Office, Information Technology Division and tax collection software vendor; performs power user duties within the software.
• Reconciles monthly all County and Fiscal Agency bank accounts with bank statements and tax Accounts Receivable.
• Represents Treasurer’s Office on various committees and before special interest groups and community groups.
• Gathers and analyzes data; prepares various daily, monthly and annual reports; oversees the department’s records management.
• Researches and recommends initiatives geared towards customer service and/or better office efficiencies.
• Assists staff as needed with discrepancies in collections or reporting, taxpayer inquiries or other issues.