Assistant to the City Manager
Under general direction, manages major City programs, contracts and interdepartmental projects; administers marketing plans, community information, legislative advocacy, and intergovernmental relations programs; participates as member of the executive management team and supports the City Manager and City Council; and performs related duties as assigned.
The Assistant to the City Manager manages complex and sensitive special projects, contracts and initiatives having regional, community relations, and staff development impacts. Develops creative approaches to design, marketing programs, and City services.
Some of the major duties include:
– Participates with City Manager in framing Council’s vision and strategies for accomplishing organizational initiatives; advocates City, Federal, State, and regional cooperation where opportunities exist to further the City’s and region’s goals.
– Represents and supports the City Manager with City Council, employee and citizen group discussions and meetings. Monitors the pending items list, and keeps the City Manager informed about projects and issues of importance to Council. Provide the City Manager with accurate and timely information to support decision-making and policy direction.
– Work with City leadership to design and facilitate strategic organizational development initiatives and operational interventions consistent with the organization’s objectives related to strategic planning, leadership development, change management, process improvement, coaching, and team building.
– Monitors initiatives and strategy implementation to ensure departmental operation plans are aligned to the City’s overarching strategies.
– Works with leadership to anticipate organizational risks and develop mitigation strategies.
– Promotes innovation, critical thinking and creativity in developing approaches and solutions to City needs. Empowers all levels of staff to be proactive and participatory. Promotes, encourages and leads collaboratively in seeking new ways to share resources, ideas and best practices in order to optimize service delivery organization wide.
For additional information about the position and working at the City of Franklin, please visit the City’s website at
The City of Franklin is an Equal Opportunity Employer