Assistant Recreation Supervisor
James City County Parks and Recreation seeks responsible individuals to assist with overseeing the comprehensive REC Connect Before and After School Program to include daily program schedule planning, activity leadership, and record keeping. Work schedule times may vary depending on the site placement. The average work schedule is Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 9:30 am and/or 2:30 pm – 6:00 pm with the exception of current school changes due to COVID-19. Staff may be asked to work 6-8 hour shifts each day, but not to exceed 28 hrs. per week.
• Oversees site staff; assists with the completion of developmental plans and evaluations; addresses disciplinary concerns; maintains work schedules; reviews timesheets and leave requests; prepares and co-conducts staff meetings and trainings.
• Organizes, leads, teaches and supervises a variety of recreational activities such as arts and crafts, sports, outdoor games, educational program components, etc. for varying age groups and skill levels; supervises participants on field trips; plans daily activity and snack schedule; coordinates family involvement and other site special events.
• Establishes and maintains rapport with participants, parents, school staff, administrative officials and other community partners; works with parents and/or school staff to address behavioral needs and/or special accommodation; provides information to public; implements program surveys and collects patron feedback, responds to customer inquiries and/or complaints; may be asked to represent the Division on interagency councils and committees and community agencies and groups, both public and private.
• Ensures a safe environment and proper use, inventory and upkeep of site facilities, vehicles, supplies and equipment; develops and enforces site rules; opens, closes and secures facility daily.
• Maintains program within budget limitations; keeps accurate records/statistics and completes necessary site paperwork; reports all accidents, incidents and disciplinary actions to supervisor.
• Acts in absence of the Recreation Supervisor; supervises and conducts daily program planning and scheduling, activity leadership, site record keeping and staff management for preschool, elementary and/or teen programs.