Assistant Parks and Grounds Superintendent
James City County’s General Services Department seeks an individual to perform advanced work supervising staff and planning and overseeing maintenance and repair actions for the Grounds Maintenance Division.
• Provides effective supervision of assigned staff including selection, performance management, employee relations, training, prioritizing and assigning work and related activities.
• Coordinates all activities to maintain all County, parks and school grounds to include landscape areas, roadway maintenance, trails, parking areas, ball courts, athletic fields and stormwater facilities.
• Assists with the oversight of contracts and supports developing new contracts
• Maintains computerized maintenance management system for the division, including scheduling preventive and corrective maintenance, coordinates maintenance and repair with external agencies.
• Reviews plans and specifications, recommends modifications to existing infrastructure and coordinates various maintenance projects.
• Promotes and ensures training, proper work site protection techniques and compliance with the County safety program and departmental safety procedures; ensures equipment, materials and work conditions are adequately maintained to prevent accidents. Conducts safety training as assigned; performs administrative duties including preparation of work logs, field and facility reports.
• Acts in the absence of Parks and Grounds Maintenance Superintendent.