Assistant County Administrator
This is an executive level position that performs highly responsible and complex managerial functions. The incumbent acts in place of the County Administrator as needed and is responsible for various county departments as assigned by the County Administrator.
• Makes recommendations to the County Administrator in the development of administrative policy.
• Acts as County Administrator in his/her absence.
• Keeps the County Administrator informed and abreast of current and projected developments in the conduct of the County government, particularly as related to assigned areas of responsibility.
• Plans, organizes, and prepares reports and makes formal recommendations on major issues for the County Administrator and the Board of Supervisors.
• Advises and consults with department heads relating to these activities.
• Participates in budget conferences and reviews requests for appropriations and expenditures.
• Provides coordination and direction for the Department Heads and staff, including direct supervision of assigned departments.
• Initiates measures to improve the administrative efficiency of the County.
• Represents the County on local and regional policy-making boards.
• Meets with citizens, represents the Board and County at official functions, and responds to citizen inquiries.