Assistant Business Manager
Olde Towne Medical and Dental Center (OTMDC) is seeking individual to perform responsible administrative work in the Business Office of (OTMDC). Reports to the Clinical Director.
• Manages administrative practice operations on a daily basis while maintaining Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act (HIPPA) compliance; performs accounts payable for the organization and codes expenditures for payment to JCC accounting; manages, maintains and orders all supplies and acquisitions; assists with information technology system management including computers, servers, electronic medical records, telephones, and copiers; contracts with outside vendors as needed; assists in the selection and maintenance of equipment.
• Assists Business Manager in ensuring correct coding is used to designate the diagnosis and procedures performed for billing purposes; posts insurance and self-pay payments to patient accounts; updates bad debt accounts on a monthly basis; responds to patient financial inquiries in a timely manner; helps with developing efficient methods for patient registration and billing.
• Assists in hiring, training and overseeing staff; assists with performance evaluations.
• Types and edits correspondence; assists the Business Manager in preparing all business related reports, grants, funding and financial needs of the center; participates in conducting yearly cost reports and works with auditors to complete audits; assists with grant management.
• Manages Neighborhood Assistance Program; schedules meeting room space, including OTMDC Conference Room as needed.
• Maintains the policy and procedures manual ensuring all items are in proper format and that all manuals include the latest version; develops, maintains, and updates a manual with patient-friendly information about various conditions, treatments, etc. to be installed on the network and non-network computers; follows established control procedures for document handling, storage and purging in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.