Do you want a rewarding career that will allow you to utilize your knowledge and skills to plan, develop, and execute a comprehensive asset management program? If so, the Asset Manager in the Public Works Department may be the right career for you!
As a leader in the Asset Manager role, you’ll:
– Supervise and participate in the daily operation of the asset management system, including collecting, scrubbing, processing, updating, and verifying data;
– Supervise the tracking of asset material, condition, and age;
– Coordinate asset inspections to improve asset utilization and reduce capital and operating costs;
– Collaborate with managers, supervisors, and operations/maintenance crews to create and update preventative maintenance daily schedules and system asset information;
– Maintain and monitor work plans and schedule and coordinate operational efficiencies with departmental supervisors;
– Collaborate with the operations team and supervisory staff to evaluate and improve long-term operational performance;
– Perform other related duties as listed in the advertisement on the City’s website.
– Bachelor’s Degree with coursework in information technology, GIS, electronics, engineering, environmental science, or related field and moderate (1-3 years) experience in the management of transportation infrastructure assets, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
– Possession of V.D.O.T. Flagger Certification within 6 months from hire date (on-the-job training is provided);
– Valid driver’s license.
– Available and willing to assist with departmental operations during emergency responses.
– View the physical requirements of this position on the City’s website.
To Apply: In order to be considered, all candidates must submit a complete City of Harrisonburg online employment application, including previous work experience and education history. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted 08/25/2022)
The City provides an excellent benefits package including health insurance, retirement (VRS & MissionSquare), life insurance, paid leave and holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.