Art Instructor I/II/III
(On Call positions available up to 20 hours per week)
• Conducts specific recreation class/program activities appropriate to the subject area and participants’ ages.
• Prepares site for activity and ensures proper clean-up at end of each class/program; maintains rapport with site staff.
• Accompanies participants on field trips as needed.
• Ensures class records are up-to-date and submitted at the end of class/program; ensures class evaluations are handed out at the end of class/program; ensures class/program goals are met.
• Oversees proper use of facility, equipment, and supplies; establishes and enforces class/program rules and policies for students.
• Ensures participant safety; administers first aid when necessary; reports all accidents, incidents and disciplinary concerns to the supervisor.
• (Instructor III) Writes class description and lesson plans of program content; formulates and submits supply sheets and instructional handouts to class participants.
• Must possess, or be able to obtain within 30 days of hire, a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
• May require possession, or the ability to obtain within six (6) months of hire, First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certifications from the American Red Cross.
• May require certification(s) in class/program topic, such as aerobics, personal training, lifeguard instruction, swim instruction, water safety instruction, archery and canoeing from approved certificating organization.
• Knowledge of specialized subject matter of class/program; instructional procedures and practices; knowledge of participant performance level.
• Skill in leadership (group and individual); teaching techniques, organizing time and assessing participants’ interests and capabilities; communicating both orally and in writing; group facilitation; dealing with difficult situations.
• Ability to work effectively with children and adults; plan and direct a quality recreational program; oversee work of others; generate interest of participants in class/program; break down subject matter to teach assigned age/skill groups.
Click here for full job description. Accepting applications until 11:59pm EST on 01/30/2023. Cover letters and resumes may also be attached, but a fully completed application is required for your application to be considered.