Aquatics Maintenance Specialist IV (Manager)
Application Deadline: Continuous/Open Until Filled.
The Charlottesville Parks and Recreation Department is seeking qualified candidates to be considered for the position of Aquatics Maintenance Specialist IV (Manager). This position is responsible for managing the maintenance and/or construction duties for the City’s aquatic facilities including indoor pools, outdoor pools, and spray parks, including but not limited to overseeing all aspects of facility maintenance related to pool maintenance and assurance of water quality standards. Supervises staff consisting of other Maintenance Specialists, seasonal staff, and volunteers, AND requires highly specialized skills or certifications. Reports to the Aquatic Operations Manager (Management Specialist I or II).
The hiring amount will be between $19.55 and $26.89 an hour ($40,669.63 to $55,923.46 annually). Starting offer is based on applicable education, experience, and internal equity. This is a full-time, non-exempt, position. The position also provides excellent benefits including 13 paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance options with employer contribution, employer-paid life insurance, City’s retirement options, and continuing education/training opportunities.
– Any combination of education, experience and training equivalent to a high school diploma or GED;
– At least three (3) years of experience in a related field;
– At least two (2) years of experience in a lead/supervisory position;
– Certified Pool Operator Certification within 3 months of hire;
– CPR and First Aid Certification within 3 months of hire;
– Basic or Advanced knowledge of plumbing and electrical trades;
– Possession of a valid, appropriate, driver’s permit issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia, must be eligible to operate a City vehicle.
TO APPLY: to view the complete job information and to apply, visit our employment website listed. Applications are only accepted online through the City of Charlottesville employment page.
The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.