Application Support Analyst
James City County Information Resource Management Department seeks an individual to perform experienced work evaluating, analyzing, managing, maintaining, and developing solutions for the County’s diverse information systems; works closely with Accounting, Purchasing and General Services utilizing their Munis Financial platform. Position to begin no earlier than January 1 2021.
• Perform administration activities include working with subject matter experts to understand the business needs and requirements to determine the right technical architecture and configuration that would support the requirements.
• Work closely with vendor (Tyler), Accounting, Purchasing, General Services and IT departments to maintain support and enhance the core application.
• Assist departments in prioritizing and managing small projects center around increasing the core system functionality.
• Work directly with departments to develop metrics to support the department’s performance requirements and gauge the effectiveness of ongoing processes and functions.
• Oversee security, and workflow management of assigned system while also working with other IT staff to provide data to our Business Intelligence tool.
• Serve as an expert resource for all Munis software users and a liaison between users and the vendor’s support services.
• Schedule and apply upgrades, including coordinating user testing and approval signoff.
• Build reports to support federal, state and local monitoring.
• Investigate and offer ways to improve efficiencies and provide maximum benefits to the department and citizens in order to take full advantage of software.