Administrative Support Specialist – Part time – Transit
Under general supervision, the purpose of the position is to provide and coordinate administrative, clerical and technical support for the Transit department. Duties include; but are not limited to, providing internal staff support and external customer service and support, creating and/or maintaining associated documents and databases, arranging or coordinating programs, projects, meetings or special events; providing detailed responses to requests for information; reviewing and updating administrative procedures; preparing and submitting required metrics and regulatory reports, and performing related administrative duties within the department.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
• High school diploma or GED; Associate’s Degree in business or related field preferred.
• A minimum of three (3) years of experience performing responsible administrative work, and/or equivalent education and experience.
• Experience in Microsoft Office Suite; including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Must have a valid Commonwealth of Virginia driver’s license.
• May require certification as a Notary Public or ability to obtain such within six (6) months of hire.
• Must be able to lift and/or carry weights of 10 – 15 pounds.
While the position is open until filled, completed City Applications and resumes should be submitted before 11:59pm on September 27, 2022. Come be part of a knowledgeable and amazing work team committed to excellence in serving a thriving and growing community and the commitment to City’s Core Values.
Applications and additional information may be found on the City’s web page.
City of Fredericksburg
Human Resources Department
715 Princess Anne Street
P. O. Box 7447
Fredericksburg, VA 22404-7447