James City County’s Social Services Department seeks an individual to perform responsible supervising assigned staff, implementing departmental policies and procedures, and assisting with daily operations.
• Provides effective supervision of assigned staff including selection, performance management, employee relations, training, prioritizing and assigning work and related activities.
• Oversees reception and telephone operations; handles inquiries as appropriate; directs inquiries to the proper source and makes referrals to other County departments as appropriate; answers questions within context of policies and procedures; oversees the Electronic Benefits over-the-counter SNAP card issuance process.
• Coordinates records management process including monitoring purge deadlines, coordinating document destruction, preparing appropriate reports and submitting to County records manager.
• Facilitates Random Moment Sampling process; tracks worker effort; monitors staff inputs into the State computer tracking system; reports on delinquent moments; completes updates to the system as required.
• Enters data into the State’s Local Employee Tracking System (LETS) including related personnel information; monitors changes monthly; assists with gathering statistics from various systems and compiling reports; assists with facility maintenance as it relates to requesting work orders, improvements, repairs, upgrades and management of meeting room usage for internal and external customers; and manages agency vehicle maintenance and reservations.
• Provides backup support to agency Information Systems Technician.