Administrative Services Program Specialist
Are you searching for a meaningful opportunity that allows you to utilize your administrative work experience for an organization that directly impacts the local community on a daily basis? If so, the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Emergency Communications Center’s (HRECC) Administrative Services Program Specialist position may be the right career for you!
As the Administrative Services Program Specialist, you’ll:
– Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the HRECC’s procurement and contract negotiations, including developing Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Information (RFIs);
– Coordinate external contractor selection, work performance, change orders, and pay submittal/invoice processing in close cooperation with the assigned project team or division manager;
– Track and negotiate all contract renewals and make recommendations pertaining to terminations;
– Coordinate ongoing continuous improvement efforts for the HRECC’s administrative policies and procedures and identify program deficiencies, including proposing strategies for remediation;
– Perform other duties as listed in the ad on the City’s website.
Minimum Requirements at Time of Application:
– An associate degree in business, finance, accounting, or public administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Considerable (3-5 years) experience providing administrative or business services support, project and contract management, procurement, data analyses, or similar work.
– Valid driver’s license.
– Availability to occasionally work outside of normal business hours (Mondays – Fridays, 8:00am – 5:00pm) as business needs dictate.
– View the physical requirements of this position on the City’s website.
To Apply: In order to be considered, all candidates must submit a complete City of Harrisonburg online employment application, including previous work experience and education history. The first review of applications is expected to take place by June 2, 2023. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted 05/19/2023)
The City provides an excellent benefits package including health insurance, retirement (VRS & MissionSquare), life insurance, paid leave and holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg and HRECC are Equal Opportunity Employers.