Administrative Services Manager
James City County’s Social Services Department seeks an individual to perform advanced work overseeing the business and financial operations of the Social Services Department and performing complex financial and budget monitoring, analysis and evaluation.
• Responsible for planning, coordination and management of the Administrative unit within the Social Services Department, to include office support services, finance, quality assurance and human resources.
• Provides effective supervision of assigned staff including selection, performance management, employee relations, training, prioritizing and assigning work and related activities.
• Manages, plans, formulates and coordinates biennial and annual budget; presents budget to director; represents department at planning meetings.
• Monitors use of budgeted funds through continuing dialogue with director, managers and program supervisors and by the review of expenditure and revenue data; approves requests related to funding availability; recommends allocation or reallocation of funds to director; explains analysis of revenue and expenditures.
• Manages process of entering budget allocations into the approved departmental accounting system and prepares it for upload into the County general ledger system (MUNIS); enters budget requests into the State’s Locality Automated System Expenditure Reimbursement (LASER) system.
• In conjunction with County finance staff, provides cost data for Central Services Cost Allocation Plan (CSCAP) to insure plan reflects appropriate indirect costs including capturing facility/building costs.
• Manages Local Employee Tracking System (LETS); coordinates Random Moment Sampling (RMS) process.
• Oversees accounting and internal audits; prepares information and assists independent auditors as required; develops and monitors internal control policy and internal audit function; assist state review teams in conducting reviews.
• Identifies federal and state revenues received by the County Treasurer; reviews Social Services information on Commonwealth Account and Report Systems (CARS); provides reports to assist with reconciling Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards (SEFA).