$34,117 / year or higher DOQ + Full-Time County Benefits.
James City County’s Department of Community Development seeks an individual to perform responsible work conducting technical and administrative assignments in support of the Building Safety and Permits Division.
• Staffs front desk and assists public and applicants with questions; provides information on departmental policies and procedures, programs, or services provided.
• Conducts research and completes data for administrative and public reports, bulletins, questionnaires, and other documents; performs directed analysis; drafts specific sections of statistical reports and verifies data; monthly reports, inactive, expired temporary certificates of occupancy, and workload indicators.
• Develops and administers operating records, coordinates activities with other sections within division and outside agencies and departments, as appropriate.
• Organizes and maintains staff correspondence files, and other division files related to violations, certifications, and confidential staff information; compiles minutes, staff reports, proffers, and attachments for distribution to Planning Commission, Board of Supervisors, and other county officials.
• Plans and organizes office workflow activities to meet unit objectives in a timely, efficient manner; evaluates and modifies work procedures and methods to ensure quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of operations.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma and some college coursework in planning, public administration, applied computer science, business or related field preferred; and considerable experience in responsible office and/or public service work experience.
• Knowledge processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Skill computer software including Microsoft Office suite
• Ability to conduct research, data collection, statistical analysis, formulate conclusions and recommendations; assemble and organize data and prepare reports from such records.