Administrative Assistant (Records Management)
James City County’s General Services Department is seeking an individual to perform responsible work maintaining automated records of a technical and administrative nature associated with James City County building and infrastructure, grounds maintenance and equipment, capital projects and stormwater infrastructure.
• Provides backup assistance to front office staff for customer service answering customer questions, resolving customer concerns and routing calls and questions to appropriate staff.
• Provides backup assistance of general data into the General Services Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) System, including creating, processing and managing work orders for customers and General Service staff.
• Prepares County facility construction files for image conversion; creates authenticity sheets for files; scans, performs quality control, makes corrections, and indexes documents into the General Services SharePoint system.
• Logs and prepares engineering drawings for scanning; performs quality control checks on electronic file to verify document readability before paper documents are destroyed.
• This job is considered essential personnel and will be required to work during and following natural disasters and emergency situations.