Administrative Assistant II
The Campbell County Economic Development Department is a Dynamic, Fast Paced, Public Facing team of professionals. We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to support us in the various roles we fill for local businesses, boards, authorities and commissions.
The ideal candidate will be a friendly, creative, energetic and highly organized professional. We offer a starting salary of $40-45K with a full benefit package and generous leave policy. Standard business hours are 8:30am-5:00pm, M-F with 1-2 evenings per month.
Please visit our website at www.campbellvirginia.com to learn more about us and what we do for our community.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Provide administrative support to staff;
• Assist the public in a professional, courteous manner to resolve problems and answer questions;
• Initiate and prepare correspondence and documentation;
• Prepare mass mailings
• Assist in preparation of requisitions
• Code and authorize payment of invoices;
• Assist department with basic budget;
• Develop and maintain electronic communication and record keeping;
• Attend, take minutes and develop written record of various day/evening meetings as needed. After business hour’s meetings occur 1 – 2 times per month.
• Assist in preparation of meeting materials provided to Boards, Commissions and Committees;
• Assist with grant administration;
• Renew memberships and website domains;
• Prepare information packets for clients and prospects for site visits;
• Assist and accompany supervisor on site visits as needed;
• Maintain the business license master list
• Maintain the business directory on the website.
• Coordinate meetings and events
• Organize small business engagement and business appreciation events
• Distribute Press Releases
• Type and upload information onto the Department’s Social Media Accounts
• Research information and prepare reports
• Ability to become a Notary to committees, commissions, and the public;
• Perform other duties as assigned or required based on the needs of the department.
• 2 years of college
• 2 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and training.
• Valid Virginia Drivers’ License
• Completion of National Incident Management System (IS-100 and IS- 700 or NIMS equivalent) within 90 days of employment.