The purpose of this job is to provide administrative and clerical support for the Power and Light Department, which may include, personnel, payroll and office management processes according to the City’s policies and procedures.
This position works under close to general supervision according to set procedures but determines how or when to complete tasks.
The essential functions listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this position. Management may assign additional functions related to the type of work of this position as necessary.
• Answers department telephones; requests documents and information; refers callers to other staff members as appropriate; and takes messages. Provides assistance to callers and visitors within the context of established policies and procedures. Receives, dates, and
distributes incoming mail.
• Prepares varied department documents, agendas, records, reports, and forms requiring knowledge of computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite), policies and procedures. Initiates reports and documents based upon knowledge of department operations, reporting requirements, and established deadlines. Prepares workers’ compensation
• Research, compiles, consolidate, and/or tabulates information; incorporates information into requested reports and other prepared materials; proofreads for accuracy and completeness; and distributes upon approval.
• Maintains assigned inventories; prepares, reviews, and processes purchasing documents; prepares purchase orders for needed materials, equipment, supplies and uniforms; receives and distributes incoming supply shipments; reviews and codes invoices; balances bank statements and ledger; and forwards to the Finance Department for payment.
• Prepares the accurate and timely preparation of the department’s payroll.
• Prepares forms and documents necessary to administer Department programs, projects, and objectives as required.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
• High School graduation or GED equivalent supplemented by specialized courses/training equivalent to one year of college.
• Four (4) years of administrative, clerical or office support experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.