James City County Social Services Department is seeking individual to perform responsible work supporting staff, drafting and editing various reports and documents, maintaining databases, providing customer service and assisting with daily operations.
• Performs program support responsibilities that require general procedural knowledge of Social Services programs offered to citizens.
• Prepares and issues Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) vault cards in a timely manner; reviews activity reports related to non-received EBT cards; reviews and maintains internal action forms; manages EBT card inventory; prepares associated monthly reports.
• Answers main telephone number; communicates with citizens; schedules appointments; directs inquiries to proper source; answers questions within context of policies and procedures with contact sometimes of a difficult nature; encourages citizens to apply on-line for benefits; makes referrals to other County service providers based on request; assists citizens with Workforce Development computer process.
• Reviews documentation to ensure proper completion of paperwork necessary for application or renewal of benefit programs.
• Serves as records management assistant; tracks and monitors closed records; identifies records to be purged; completes regular purges; scan open and closed case records and administrative files for upload to Virginia Case Management System and/or County records management site as needed.
• Scans documents into different share drives and databases.
• Serves as purchasing clerk; oversees supply room; reserves meeting space for staff and citizens.