The following tasks are typical of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar or related.
• Assist customers; receive payments; direct complaints to appropriate individuals if unable to assist.
• Answer telephones and direct incoming calls to appropriate staff.
• Process invoices by verifying coding, purchase orders, and checking for duplication.
• Help with preparation of Town Council Packets
• Assist with year-end analysis reports for auditors
• Read the Town’s water meters
• Preparation to send out water billing
• Related tasks for sending customers Real Estate/Personal Property taxes
• Coordinate with Miss Utility
• Reconcile bank accounts
• Perform clerical function in committee and council meetings
• Handle and deposit monies received
• File various forms and paperwork
• Maintain and record cemetery deeds
• Process outgoing mail
• Collect incoming mail; open and distribute
• Witness and authenticate the execution of certain classes of documents (e.g., deeds)
• Process returned checks
• Activate and deactivate water/sewer accounts
• Southern Software and Beacon cross-training
• Prepare water/sewer work orders
• Any and all other functions assigned by the Clerk/Treasurer
Must obtain Notary Public License within 1 year