Performs responsible work responsible work maintaining automated records of a technical and administrative nature associated with the needs of James City County Fleet and Equipment. Provides support to Inventory Specialist, Automotive Service Coordinator and other staff as needed. Hours for shift are M-F 7:00 am – 12:30 pm.
• Maintains automated fuel inventory, transaction and monitoring system; determines fuel stocking levels, reordering fuel as needed; follows up on fuel orders with vendors to ensure adequate fuel supplies.
• Ensures fuel site DEQ monthly and yearly inspections are up to date.
• Coordinates fuel site maintenance and repairs; documents maintenance, repair, inspections and testing.
• Processes invoices for payment; reconciles Fleet staff credit card purchases with the proper budgetary information.
• Provides support to Inventory Specialist, Automotive Service Coordinator and other staff as needed.
• Delivery and pickup of parts, vehicles and equipment as needed.
• This job is considered essential personnel and will be required to work during and following natural disasters and emergency situations.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma; and, some experience in administrative support.
• Must possess a valid Virginia Driver’s License and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction; data entry, and standard office software including word processing and spreadsheets; grammar, punctuation, spelling and accurate mathematical calculations; and standard office practices and procedures and clerical techniques.
• Skill in the use of Internet and software applications including Microsoft Office.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; follow both verbal and written instructions; establish and maintain effective and courteous working relationships with staff and the public; make accurate mathematical calculations; independently apply and carry out policies and procedures; organize and maintain moderately complex records and ensure their confidentiality; and work under pressure in order to meet deadlines; ability to drive a variety of vehicle types.