Performs responsible work responsible work maintaining automated records of a technical and administrative nature associated with the needs of James City County Fleet and Equipment. Provides support to Inventory Specialist, Automotive Service Coordinator and other staff as needed.
• Maintains automated fuel inventory, transaction and monitoring system; determines fuel stocking levels, reordering fuel as needed; follows up on fuel orders with vendors to ensure adequate fuel supplies.
• Ensures fuel site DEQ monthly and yearly inspections are up to date.
• Coordinates fuel site maintenance and repairs; documents maintenance, repair, inspections and testing.
• Processes invoices for payment; reconciles Fleet staff credit card purchases with the proper budgetary information.
• Provides support to Inventory Specialist, Automotive Service Coordinator and other staff as needed.
• Delivery and pickup of parts, vehicles and equipment as needed.
• This job is considered essential personnel and will be required to work during and following natural disasters and emergency situations.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma; and, some experience in administrative support.
• Must possess a valid Virginia Driver’s License and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction; data entry, and standard office software including word processing and spreadsheets; grammar, punctuation, spelling and accurate mathematical calculations; and standard office practices and procedures and clerical techniques.
• Skill in the use of Internet and software applications including Microsoft Office.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; follow both verbal and written instructions; establish and maintain effective and courteous working relationships with staff and the public; make accurate mathematical calculations; independently apply and carry out policies and procedures; organize and maintain moderately complex records and ensure their confidentiality; and work under pressure in order to meet deadlines; ability to drive a variety of vehicle types.